sábado, fevereiro 03, 2007

January Favorites! Part 1

Don't you guys think I gave cooking a break cos' noooo I didn't, I gave it to updating this poshy blog. You know, I'm a lazy ass. So, in fact I was cooking, baking and cattering crazy, yeah, cattering, for my cousine's birthday party, my beautiful cousine Tainá, this vegan beauty I adore so much. I still haven't got the bday pics so I'll just post whatever I have done at home.

Veggie Mini-pizza. Going around my local market I found this vegan pizza dough, a really thin easy-to-cook dough that I just couldn't resist buying, since my pizza try-outs have always been a disaster. So I topped it with tomato sauce, tofu & herbs cream and some veggies I love, and it worked just perfectly, at least I could be less desperate about vegan pizzas.

Bean Soup. A family favorite. I can remember in details those rainy nights when mom made soup with the beans she had cooked for lunch, always so comfy and oh-so-good. The original version is already vegan-friendly so I just enhenced it a little with my favorite aromatics and fresh chives on top, let me say that's a great twist to it.

Fabulous French Toast. From fabulous 'How it All Vegan' that you can see in the pic. Kramer and Tanya did a good job on this one. The recipe has got soy milk, flour, psyllium husks (I'm in love with those), cinnamon and sweetener, really easy to do. I garnished it with banana, more cinnamon and molasses, AWESOME.

Marinaded Tofu, The Revenge. I have tried this recipe a few times and it's definetely too good to be true. Marinade the tofu in this sauce made of soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, sweet paprika and some sea salt. Stir-fry it with a splash of olive oil and it's done really, eating along with toasts and fresh basil is extra special. That's a great way of cooking tofu, takes yummy to the next level.

Rainbow Salad with Nasty Mustard Dressing. My cousine Tainá decided to drop by a few days ago and I always like to cook her some good stuff, so I ended up creating this colorful and flavorful salad. Fresh lettuce, yellow and red pepper, raisins, carrots, pears and cucumber. That's a refreshing salad, and with that mustard dressing, oh-my-god! The dressing is made of yellow mustard, molasses, white pepper and a pinch of sea salt, my dad loved it, and so did I.