domingo, fevereiro 04, 2007

January Favorites! Part 2

Part 2 of January Favorites, and yes, I know it's already february, but who gives a damn! Oh, another thing, I think I won't be updating this in english any longer, since my portuguese-speaking readers are in more number now, and that would be the fair deal, if foreign readers have any question, feel free to leave a comment.
Let's begin' the groovyness.

Tofu Fish Sticks. Got this recipe from one of my favorite blogs: The Vegan Lunch Box, by Jennifer McCann. I've done other recipes that I found there, like the Babka and Tahinopita (sorry guys, I didn't take pics of this one). This time I used flour instead of cornmeal and used baked it instead of deep-frying it, next time I'll fry it cos' it's just greasely better, if you know what I mean! Oh, some Babaghanoug (baba-gnush) dad did the other day and ketchup for dipping. The recipe has got flour, sweet paprika, almonds, salt, dry dill and other herbs I don't recall, yummy yummy.

Pastels. At my uni, there are basically no vegan options, me and my cousine had to talk to the manager twice just to get those items that require only boiling water so we can eat sth at nite, but they do have all these pastels with meaty filling, nothing that appealing, the dough is what I really miss!
So I found this pastry dough and took it to the oven, with two difference fillings, tofu cream, made with dry herbs, gr
ated carrots and black raisins and the other filling made of vegan chocolate chips and condensed milk, really good.

Home-made veggie burgers. This is a rather old and really easy recipe, but ok. One day I had some meat left over so I decided to try making home-made burguers, just by adding some flour the it and shaping it, really great to eat with ketchup and mustard & herbs. I like it better with ciabatta bread, fresh lettuce and tomatos.

Faux-cheese Quiche and Apple pie. I baked these for my cousine's birthday party, that veg nite was a hit! As you can see, the baked goods are not even done, it's just that I forgot to take the afterwards pics so I only had this one to post. The Apple pie recipe I got from How it All Vegan (loooves it) and everyone really loved it, I just replaced the maple syrup (cos' that's really impossible to find over here) for molasses, and the quiche I made up by myself, with spinach and tofu, it got very cheesy, yummy yum.

Mashed Cassava. I actually did those to eat along with the salad and mustard dressing. Cook the cassavas in salty water then mash it with a fork or any other utensil, sauté onions and olives with about a tbsp. of vegan margerine and another of olive oil, add to the cassava mixture and sprinkle fresh parsley and canned corn on top, a great side dish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anônimo said...

delicious!!!!!

11:58 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home